Thursday, October 7, 2010

Top Ten Reasons I Love My Hogar

10)My tías. One of them wants to go visit Comayagua with me, and the other is taking me to her dad's sugarcane plantation. I'll be the first volunteer she's ever taken.

9)Going to rosario together. It's really lovely, actually.

8)They share their food with me. When I first arrived, they were all understandably concerned with my weight. It's been their goal to fatten me up, and they take really good care of me.

7)Teaching them English. Sheila can now say, "Goodnight. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite."

6)They are all mostly in the sewing taller, and they happily fix things for me. Those in belleza braid my hair.

5)I feel perfectly comfortable lending them things(nail polish, flat iron, etc.) because I know they will take care of them. They are so grateful that they make me want to do special things for them.

4)I never have to seek out company. I feel welcome and completely at home.

3)They confide in me about school, boyfriends, and their families.

2)They want me to stay. My tía says they're going to go to the airport to keep me from going. Saravia wants to introduce me to her cousin on Día de Visitas so I can fall in love, marry him, and stay in Honduras forever.

1)They give the best hugs and say the sweetest things. "Andas muy bonita." "Sueña con los angelitos." "Te quiero mucho."

No comments:

Post a Comment