Saturday, March 26, 2011

180 Degrees

I have a tough class. Again. One little munchkin in particular was making me particularly insane. He was just really disrespectful and then thought it was funny every time I tried to regañar him. I really would have liked to wipe that smirk right off his face. Anyway, I ended up eating dinner in Casa Suyapa last weekend because my hogar ran out of food. He sat up against my legs and asked me how many dreams I’d caught with my atrapasueños necklace. We ended up having a long discussion about how the filter in my water bottle (thanks, Zeiger Girl Scouts) works. Come Monday, this kid was my best friend. He is working hard and making huge improvements academically. Sound familiar? Just goes to show you can’t underestimate the power of relationship. The other day, one of the little girls told me that this same boy told her I was a princess. I told her it was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment