Sunday, August 1, 2010

Despedida

So we went into the city this weekend for the going away party for the 3 outgoing volunteers. We started out with a yummy dinner at Pincho Loco. I was there for just a few seconds when I saw an adorable black kitten. I picked her up, and she immediately started purring. She played with me and then fell asleep in my lap. Leila and I begged to be allowed to take her home, but to no avail. :( From dinner, we went out to sing karaoke, which was highly amusing. We sang everything from "Don't Stop Believing" to "Baby One More Time" to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." One of the locals decided to perform Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On." Pete and I did an epic junior high school slow dance that morphed into a ridiculous waltz. I thought it would be a really good idea to try the lift from Dirty Dancing. It was pretty much a total fail but really, really funny. From there, we went out dancing at Castillo until 3:00 in the morning. So tired today, but excited for moving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment